Monday, October 29, 2007

HW 25: Memories... All Alone in the Moonlight

Yes, we are starting to read a new book, Baghdad Burning: Girl Blog from Iraq by Riverbend. Reading the foreword and introduction it brought back a few memories of that fateful time of the war. I never believed I would actually have to live through a time when there was a war but I have. These two parts of the book explained two views from Ahdaf Soueif and James Ridgeway about the war. Soueif talks about the book and some of what Riverbend will be talking about while Ridgeway talks about what it looked like from the American view of the Iraq war. Ridgeway also goes into more about the American history with wars, which is a little dry to me. I had no idea the specific day they officially invaded Iraq. The thing I remember most is being in 7th grade in math class with Mr. E on September 11. I remember they would not turn on the television or tell us anything specific about what was going on. I am not a person that is hugely into war but I think this will be a good read and I am very excited to get started.

Lindsay

No comments: