Thursday, November 1, 2007

HW 27: What's Going on In Baghdad Burning

Riverbend. Baghdad Burning: Girl Blog from Iraq. New York: The Feminist Press, 2005.

The authors name is Riverbend. We only know her as Riverbend because she is a woman from Iraq that is writing in secret so she won’t get caught by her country. Iraq’s laws are different then the US’s and women aren’t allowed to do many things we do. She is in Baghdad and writes when she can because the war going on keeps making the electricity go out. This book will show me the behind the scenes effects of the war in Iraq. I will also learn a lot about the culture and what the war is doing to the country as a whole. This book seems very informational. It may be hard to process all the different things she says sometimes. Also a lot of the names of people are Arabic and I have a hard time pronouncing them. I am happy to be reading Baghdad Burning and I am up for the challenge.

Lindsay

No comments: