Tuesday, October 9, 2007

HW 18: Is Anorexia Becoming Sexy?????

Okay so when you think of anorexia do you think about laughing or that anorexia is sexy?? Well some freaks that made the “Sexy Anna Rexia” costume obviously do. On the site Salon: Broadsheet at http://www.salon.com/mwt/broadsheet/2007/10/04/anorexia/index.html there is a picture of the costume as well as a description. There are things like a measuring tape choker and a measuring tape that goes around your waist and a heart pin that says Anna Rexia. The dress is a little black dress that has a skeleton pattern on it. Disturbing much? Yeah I think so. This is probably my least favorite post of the in the past week because it is just disturbing. How can you poke fun at an extremely destructive disease that is hurting or maybe even killing so many of the teen and young adult women in our world? That is just as bad as making a costume out of some other harmful disease, say cancer or even malaria. That is just wrong. The woman that wrote this post said “Even as Anna Rexia makes my skin crawl like no other Halloween costume ever has, I’m also not terribly comfortable getting worked up about a costume for a holiday that is all about embodying our fears” Well, I am and I did! This was a horrible thing and I hope I don’t have to read about a costume like that again.

Lindsay

1 comment:

jack james said...

Very nice. I am very happy to post my comment in this blog. I gathered lot of information in this site.

Bulimia News and Discussion Forum

Find the latest Bulimia news and discuss the latest topics with members of the Bulimia and Eating Disorders Community.