Tuesday, October 9, 2007

HW 17b: Influential Blogs

After reading the interviews with Markos Moulitsas Zuniga and Ana Marie Cox in Blog!: How the newest media revolution is changing politics, business, and culture by David Kline and Dan Burstein I went and visited their blogs DailyKos (dailykos.com) and Wonkette (www.wonkette.com). As much information that DailyKos has, Wonkette has gossip. I think Wonkette would have more of an influence on how I vote in coming elections. I find Wonkette more interesting than DailyKos because she blogs with a voice, not just news stories or statistics. She blogs about things that are interesting and it is more of a relaxed feel to her writing. Recently there was a post about how Mitt Romney pretty much ignored a guy in a wheelchair who has muscular dystrophy when he asked “Would you arrest me and my doctors if I got medical marijuana prescribed to me?” Romney pretty much said that he doesn’t think medical marijuana should be legalized and went on shaking hands of other people. Completely ignoring what the guy had asked. This definitely influenced my vote; it kind of shows how ignorant he is about things. He spoke at my school last year and he shifted his answers to controversial questions like gay rights and abortion and he really didn’t answer the questions asked. Ana Marie Cox writes with a real voice. I enjoyed looking at Wonkette and I think I will continue to look at it in the future.

Lindsay

No comments: