Tuesday, September 25, 2007

HW 11: A Wonderful Global Blogger

After reading the interview “Making Global Voices Heard: An Interview with Rebecca MacKinnon” in Blog!: How the newest media revolution is changing politics, business, and culture by David Kline and Dan Burstein I visited one of the blogs that MacKinnon talked about. I visited the blog called Kenyan Pundit (www.kenyanpundit.com) It looks like a blog… well it has a picture of 3 vans on the side of the road at the top. I don’t really know what it is actually. The author is Ory Okolloh. She writes informally but very strong. There are a few different topics on this blog. They range from talking about jobs in Africa to talking about business to sort of a mommy blog. It isn’t focused on her little girl (who is cute as a button I might say) but she asks for advice on feeding and gives updates on milestones in her child's life, which is neat.

She still does criticize news stories but I don’t think I see it as much in her recent posts. She still is linking to other Kenyan Bloggers, a lot actually there are 39 Kenyan blogs and then lots more African blogs. It still corresponds to the reading though because she is still doing what she used to. I think now I even like it more because she has some of her personal life in there and I think it is good to show some personal touches in your blog.

However, does the evidence I’ve cited prove conclusively that Kenyan Pundit has stayed completely how it was before? No, I’m just saying that in my opinion I see her blog as the same with a few extra posts that are neat as well.

Lindsay

No comments: