Tuesday, September 11, 2007

HW 4: Sunkist = Happiness

Don’t get me started about Sunkist. It is my FAVORITE soda ever! That is why I chose this brand for this homework. When I look at the Sunkist logo I think it promises an orange ray of sunshine in an aluminum can. The logo is very simple so it is tough to imply what the company promises. So as I go to the website it starts off with a bright orange screen that opens to the website itself. There is a quote that says “Sunkist soda is more than refreshment. It’s hanging with friends, feeling good vibes and savoring the Sunkist orange moments you create. It’s a positive state of mind, and everyone’s invited.” (www.sunkistsoda.com). This makes me think that Sunkist promises the consumer that they will be happy and hang out with their friends a lot. Sunkist’s slogan is “FEEL ALL ORANGE INSIDE”. On the home page there are pictures of happy people and beautiful celebrities (like Chad Michael Murray) and this also may imply that your friends will be beautiful. I then click on the button that says All About Sunkist Soda. It brings up a second page that talks about different scenarios that they call ‘Sunkist Orange Moments’. Now that I see the website I think that Sunkist’s promise is that when you drink Sunkist that you will have these moments where you can be yourself and that you will feel great whenever you drink it.

I drink Sunkist all the time and it has never made me automatically feel like I can be myself and make my friends more beautiful than they normally are =) I don’t think that Sunkist keeps what I think they promise. Many companies nowadays don’t keep their implied promises. Keeping that in mind, don’t believe all that companies say but try the products yourself and see what effect they have with you.


<3 I also want to post a thought being September 11 and all. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims of the September 11 terrorist attacks. God Bless <3

Lindsay

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Excellent work, Lindsay.