Thursday, September 6, 2007

HW 2: How Blogs are Connecting Countries

In the chapter called "From Cave Painting to Wonkette: A Short History of Blogging" from David Kline and Dan Burstein’s Blog!: How the Newest Media Revolution is Changing Politics, Business, and Culture they mention 12 key ideas about blogs and how they are changing. One of these ideas is that blogging is going global. I really enjoy learning about what is going on around the world. I like to watch the news in the morning so I can see what is happening outside of my state. I have never really read any blogs that are from other places; actually I have never read any blogs at all. This is all a new thing for me. Even so I think that this statement, that blogging is going global, is very true. We can see in other cultures nowadays the American influence. Blogging will and already has left its mark in other countries. We see by the book we are going to be reading Baghdad Burning by Riverbend it can give insight into other nations or cultures that would otherwise be edited by media filters. This book also shows us that blogging can give marginalized groups in different countries, that don’t have the rights that Americans have in the US, a voice. All in all I think that blogging going global is a great opportunity for others to speak as the wish.

Lindsay

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Nice work, Lindsay. This meets the requirements of the assignment and you've even used perfect MLA style in putting the chapter title in quotation marks and the book titles in italics.
Yes, we can hope that blogging facilitates free speech in the US and abroad.