Thursday, September 13, 2007

HW 6: Interest Statement for Semester-Long Project

Topics for my paper huh, lets see... the three social computing technologies I am interested in are blogs because we are writing our own now, instant messaging because I used AIM a lot and enjoy chatting with friends online, and now recently the social computing networking site Facebook and I enjoy being able to connect with friends and relatives on the site.

The empowerment of marginalized groups that seem interesting to me are overcoming sexism because being female there is a part of my mind that is always thinking about this even now in present day as well as what has happened in the past, overcoming ageism because I think people should not be criticized for their age (everyone is that age at one time or another), and issues of disabilities or learning differences because I want to teach someday and I’m sure that children in my class will learn differently than each other.

Two geographical areas that I want to look at are the US because I live here (duh) and Europe because I have had a relative go there for a few years and it seemed really interesting to hear the stories from when she was gone.

Lindsay

No comments: